Monday 3 November 2014

HomeWork Blues



       As I shuffled into the classroom, I knew that Mr. Van Camp would never believe me. I looked at my scuffed shoes and mumbled, " My homework is not done, Sir. I do have a good excuse though."

       " This is not the first time your homework has not been completed. Perhaps," Mr. Van Camp suggested, "it's time to speak with your parents."

       "Please, you have no idea what will happen to me if you phone my home," I moaned. It looked as if he was going to fall for my story.

      "Well, let's hear your excuse. It better be good."

     "Okay, it all started last night." I began, "I was just going to start my homework, but my mom told me to take out the trash. As I approached the garbage bin, I heard a shuffling sound behind me. I did't see what it was, but I got so scared and started running down the street."

      I began to shake and could see Mr.VanCamp's expression, turn into a scowl.

       "Why didn't you turn around and see who it was? It could have been one of your parents!" asked Mr. VanCamp.

    " But what if it wasn't and it was a guy trying to hurt me. You never know!"

     Mr.VanCamp sighed " Alright fine, continue."

     " Thank you." I could feel a bead of sweat start to run down the side of my forehead, but I kept going with my story. "I got tired at the end of the street and stopped. I looked behind me and saw that a boy wearing a Spider-Man costume was chasing me! I was too tired to run so just I stood there, starting at him."

   " This story is going to no where.  I strongly believe you are making this up," implied Mr.VC

     I started to argue, " No, I am not!"
   
     "Sorry Manreet, but I am not going to hear more of this nonsense. I am calling your parents."
 
     "Fine," I sighed "call them."
   

    
    


    

No comments:

Post a Comment