Monday 5 January 2015

I Can't Even...


        Walking into the gym feels like walking into an unknown room with strangers, not knowing what to expect. I have to go in and do an exam that I didn’t study for. No idea what to expect. I slowly start walking to my seat. Why is it so hot in the gym today, has it always been like this or is it just me? I start to get tunnel vision and freeze right before my seat. Petrified . The exam is on Social Studies. Why socials of all subjects? I sit down, and hear the roar of the microphone turn on for the principal to speak. His voice seems so very far away, but he is standing only 10 feet away from me. Then I hear the rustle of papers. It’s time for me to begin. I clench my pencil and hold it tightly, until my knuckles go white. I feel so scared. I should at least start the exam and read the first question, I thought to myself. I turn the page and just stare at the question. I don’t know it and I can’t concentrate. All the sounds are driving me crazy, the scratching of all the pencils, the taping all the calculators. Why is it so noisy in here?  I got the sudden temptation to get up and leave. I wasn’t going to pass the exam, so what was the point. The one question that I know I got right was my name. I look at the time and an hour has gone by. I have been starring at my paper blankly for an hour! That means I have at least half and hour until am allowed to leave. Well, might as well get this WW3 between the exam and me, over with.

No comments:

Post a Comment